Re: gnome2

Bruce Park said:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know if gnome 2 will be integrated in the next stable
> release?

the next stable release being the next MAJOR release which I think
will be called sarge, the answer is probably yes. Note this release
is I would guesstimate based on past releases at least a year and a
half away.

It will NOT(I certainly hope) ever get integrated into any point
releases of woody(e.g. 3.0r1 3.0r2 etc..). debian's policy towards
updates is quite strict, and gnome2 would be a massive change.

thats not to say that someone won't provide 3rd party debs to it
at some point for stable(maybe they are available already, I use
afterstep so I don't track gnome/kde)

nate