Re: PCI Card for 2 USB Ports

Try it out - plug it into the box, boot up, and do:

lspci

That will give you a listing for the type of card it is; mine gives:
00:02.2 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 7001 (rev 07)
00:02.3 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 7001 (rev 07)

Most controllers are one of two flavors: uhci or ohci.  You could either
try researching which the chip is from above, or just try it:

insmod usbcore
insmod usb-uhci
 (if that errors out, then:
	insmod usb-ohci
 )

This all presumes that you have the USB modules built for your kernel; I
think they come with the stock woody kernel, but if you've custom-compiled
you need to make sure they're there.

ap

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu