Re: gdm - adding windowmanagers

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 18:47, Jamin W.Collins wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:43:19 +0200 Kenneth Macdonald Karlsen
> <ken@fiona-victor.com> wrote:
>
> > I just cant figure how i add different windowmanagers to gdm.
> > Its a real pain for me.
> > With som hacking i managed to add enlightenment to the list of available
> > windowmanagers.
>
> I don't know about GDM specifically, but WDM on the other hand does this
> automatically for you according to what is registed via
> update-alternatives, which is done automatically by most/all window
> manager packages in Debian.  So, unless there's something special you need
> from GDM, you might want to look into WDM, it has all the features I've
> needed.  I've used this auto-updating of the Window Manager listing to
> register UT2003 as a window manager and thus be able to run the game
> directly from login without an Window Manager over head.
>
> --
Thanks for answer.
Im reading manpage now.
Is it correct in that this enables me to change wich wm I start eg if I
type startx, or in my case gdm?
Im not really interested in that. I want to have a list of wms to choose
from, from gdm. I know that e.g. mandrake  comes with that option. This
is what im interested in. Ive read the docs in gnome and gdm and have
tried a lot of stuff, but i dont seem to get it properly. Correct me if
im wrong.
Kenneth