Re: Starting X on second screen

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 07:52:24PM +1000, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 01:36:42PM +1000, Russell wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > When using xdm, there's no where to enter
> > command line parameters to startx or initx (0:1 etc)
> > for using a second monitor, so is there an option
> > for this in .Xsession or some other file?
>
> I'm not using XDM at the moment, but GDM is controlled by files in
> /etc/X11/gdm; I imagine XDM works similarly.

Yeah, I used to use xdm. There are several files in xdm's configuration
directory that have to do with that, there's a script to run for each
display, a file that lists the displays to start (I think xservers or
something similar), and a resource file that contains resources for
displays (both common and display-specific).

--
Michael Heironimus