Re: question

Ramses Gonzalez wrote:

Hi! I got the Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 "woody".
I'm new to both unix, and I' d like to know what are the command lines
syntax to configure a video adapter in order to get X window runnin;

"dpkg-reconfigure xserver-common" and/or "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" may be what you're looking for.

also,
how to configure a network adpater so it can see a windows 2k machine...

That's a very broad question, but what I believe you'll want is samba. Just off the top of my head:
   "sudo modprobe smbfs"
   "sudo apt-get install smbfs smbclient"
   "mkdir /home/ramses/UglyW2KMachine
   "smbmount //winbox/winshare /home/ramses/UglyW2KMachine"
   "rm -rf ~/UglyW2KMachine" (just kidding; DON'T do this!)

Kent