Re: Do debian-users get spammed a lot?

Levi Waldron <levi.waldron@utoronto.ca> writes:

> I just started on debian-user this Saturday, then Sunday and today
> I've been getting more spam email than I've ever gotten before (20-30
> per day!).  Is this probably just a coincidence, or does debian-user
> get trolled/web-botted a lot?  Should I use a less favourite email
> address for posting to debian-user?

Debian mailing-lists are open for non-subscribers aswell.  That's why
you're seeing all the spam.

Not that the spam in this and other debian lists are addressed to
listname@debian.org, not to your personal address.

I recommend ifile for dealing with spam.

<http://www.ai.mit.edu/~jrennie/ifile/> or `apt-get install ifile'.

--
Booting... /vmemacs.el