Re: AFS over ipmasq - does it work?

Andrew Perrin <clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu> writes:

> So, two questions:
> 1.) Is it possible to run an openafs client via NAT? and

no.

> 2.) If not, is it possible somehow to re-export an AFS filesystem? I'm
> thinking then of mounting AFS on the firwall machine and exporting it to
> the other machine via NFS.

I don't know about this.

note: I'm not an AFS expert.  I toyed with it some time ago, and ran into
exactly the NAT problem you seem to have run into.  I did some googling
and other research and found that AFS and NAT are incompatible.  that
doesn't mean that it's impossible to get working, and if you ask on
AFS specific mailing lists (are there any?) then maybe you'll get more
information.

--

joe