Re: ppp0 surveyer gnome applet? or some sort of script driven status displayer?

This one time, at band camp, Bruno Boettcher said:
> Hello!
>
> lately my internet connection through ADSL became really flakey, and i
> am not allways aware when the connection drops or is up...
>
> thus i would like to have some sort of status display somewhere...
>
> since i nearly don't use the gnome stuff that is hanging around my
> desktop, i thought that maybe there would be that sort of thing lying
> allready around as a panel applet....
>
> but no luck, the ppp monitor seems ot work only with normal RTC
> modems....
>
> keeping allways a tail -f /var/log/messages open is cumbersome, and
> there are the ip-up and ip-down scripts that could send a signal to an
> app....
>

> so is there allready something out that does this?
>
> --
> ciao bboett

I think the GNOME modem lights applet is able to be configured to watch
different devices and lock files - try the 'advanced' tab (from memory,
not using a modem on this box).

HTH,
Steve

--
I don't care for the Sugar Smacks commercial.  I don't like the idea of
a frog jumping on my Breakfast.