Re: postgresql TCP problem

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 11:13:07AM +0330, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
> I need to connect to postgresql through TCP socket but there is a
> problrm with authontication when I am trying "psql aDatabase
> someUser" it says that IDENT authontication failed. but if I change
> user to that user and try "psql aDatabase" it can connect to it!
> Any suggestion?

Read and if needed modify your /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf

Make sure that postgresql is listening on port 5432

For this you need to check /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf.

Regards.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "I delight to do thy will, O my God; yea, thy law is
      within my heart."             Psalms 40:8