Re: mixed to stable

On  0, Sven Heinicke <sven@research.nj.nec.com> wrote:

> I have stable system where I followed the APT-HOWTO on installing stuff
> from unstable.  That is all well and done now and I want to make my
> system all stable again.  I don't remember all the packages I installed
>   from other versions and I don't care.  I want back to all stable.
>
> Hopefully this answer cat be added to the APT-HOWTO, of it it is there
> more clearly labeled.
>
>   Sven

Upgrade to the latest unstable apt.  Put this in /etc/apt/preferences:

Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pon-Priority: 1001

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 100

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 200

Then apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade.  When a distribution has a
priority over 1000 then apt will downgrade packages to get to that
distribution.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"A child of five could understand this.  Fetch me a child of five."
	- Groucho Marx

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au