Re: X behaving wierdly after last SID upgrade

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 09:34:47AM -0500, John Foster wrote:
> I upgraded my toybox to the latest SID last night and now X is behaving
> very strangley. I noticed that it asked if I wanted debconf to rewrite
> my XFree86-4 file and I said NO! as this usually screws up the system. I
> prefer to manage it by hand. Any other similar experiences before I
> start messing around with it?

I don't run SID to avoid such problems entirely :)

A friend of mine who does run Sid on all his machines though, told me
that XFree4.2 has been added to the unstable branch recently. Normally,
you should be able to use your current configuration file. If your X
server won't come up, examine its log file and check your
/etc/X11/XF86Config(-4) file for errors.

--
Mathias De Belder