Alsa is Very Noisy

Hi,

I have some difficulties getting Alsa to play my music nicely.

I use Woody with a self-made Alsa 0.9.0rc3, using the snd-ali5451
driver. Playing audio CDs works fine, but whenever I want to play
something from a file, it sounds as if played through a broken
speaker.

I tried various players, various file formats and various headphones,
nothing helped.

What other information is important? Do you know what can be the
reason? Do you have any idea how I can analyze the problem better?

tia,
Thorsten
--
Jede Glorifizierung eines Menschen, der im Krieg getötet
worden ist, bedeutet drei Tote im nächsten Krieg.