Re: gpg: checking the trustdb

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net> [2002.10.10.1139 +0200]:
> It happens very often that GPG decides to check the trustdb. When it's
> *f-i-n-a-l-l-y* done (takes like 10 minutes or so), it says that the
> next check is scheduled for e.g. 31-12-2002:

I have found a semi-solution. First,

  --no-auto-check-trustdb

prevents these automatic checks and causes gpg to simply tell you when
you should run `gpg --check-trustdb` instead of it doing so
automatically.

But the better way was to run

  gpg --rebuild-keydb-caches

once, which made the trustdb checks so fast that I can deal with them.

I simply missed reading the changelog from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7 where you
were advised to do so. Heck, I didn't even know we left 1.0.6 behind
and 1.0.7 and that I am now running 1.2.0...

Anyway, this closes the issue, at least for me.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

die wahrheit ist selten
auf seiten der wahrscheinlichkeit.
                                                 -- heinrich v. kleist