Re: NVIDIA_kernel-1.0.3123 install fails

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 07:52, lameth wrote:
> Okay I installed kernel-package and did make-kpgk. The response I
> recieved a message about not being in a top level directory ( I was at a
> /) or make-kpgk was totally out of date.  So I downloaded
> kernel-headers-2.4.18-bf2.4. After that was installed I tried to make
> install the nvidia driver and still got the error about modversions.h,
> no file found or directory not existing.

Installing the kernel headers package will put the headers in something
like /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.18 or similar.

The NVidia Compiling script looks for them in the linux default
/usr/src/linux

Thus you should symlink one to the other...

ln -s /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.18 /usr/src/linux

Then the NVidia compile script should be able to find your modversions.h

Kind Regards
Crispin Wellington