david hong said:

> eth0:
> 210.182.232.22
> gw: 210.182.232.1
>
> and
> eth1:
> 192.168.0.12
> gw: 192.168.0.1
>
> if i insert the setting into ifcfg-eth0 & ifcfg-eth1,
> will i able to ping 2 different subnet ip?

I hate to disagree with someone else on the list but my
experience would tell me that doing the above alone will
not be enough to have the box take advantage of 2 gateways.

I've worked for several hours trying such configurations to
no avail. one of my former co workers managed to get partial
functionality with dual gateways by using the 2.4.x kernel
and policy routing(none of my systems are 2.4.x and I have
never tried policy routing)

your free to try of course but I believe all packets will
go out the first gateway that is established. and don't
try changing the metrics on the routes, this has no effect
on them unfortunately.

you can search the list for my posts in the past(about a year
ago), probably has the word 'multihome' in it.

you'll also have to configure your system to re-write the source
address of outgoing packets from eth1, this can be done in
policy routing as well I believe. It's not easy, it wasn't
worth it for me.

It would be easier perhaps if you used a routing protocol
such as RIP or BGP and a software daemon to handle routing,
but that adds a whole new layer of complexity, my networks
use static routing.

nate