Re: The only thing I miss about Windows

Kirk Strauser said:

> At 2002-10-10T17:58:56Z, "nate" <debian-user@aphroland.org> writes:
>
>> ACK. I *HATED* when people did this. Taking a screenshot, a perfectly
>> normal graphics file and shoving it into a word document!
>
> What if the purpose of the screenshot was to illustrate a piece of text
> that you're concurrently working on?  That seems like a reasonable thing
> to do. --

then i'd use the 'text' feature of paint to type ontop of the graphic
and save it as a bmp(I did do this a lot, and still do to this day,
with gimp for example), see this tutorial i made for my mother about
the custom interface I setup for her laptop:
http://portal.aphroland.org/computer/

keeps the graphic as a graphic. now if theres a lot of stuff to type
about the screenshot thats fine, use a word doc. but most times I've
seen people do the above, was they just pasted it in, didn't type a word
and saved it, and emailed it off(they usually typed the words in
the email, if they typed anything at all)

nate