WindowMaker Menu Crazies

Hi all,
  I'm running unstable with the 2.4.19 kernel using
Window Maker.
  I've installed the mplayer-686.deb and when I select
the Mplayer from the menu is does not open.  If I open
a terminal and type mplayer in the terminal Mplayer
will open.  I have looked at
/etc/X11/WindowMaker/menu.hook and the Mplayer command
is EXEC /usr/bin/mplayer -gui.  The /etc/mplayer.conf
has the gui=yes .   I guess what I need to know is how
do I change the menu to be EXEC /usr/bin/mplayer ?
Appreciate the help.
Thanks
Don