Re: Can't access 1 IP address on Lan

hi ya curtis

what is the output of

root# route -nv
root# ifconfig -v

root# ipchains -L

root# ping 10.0.1.1
	( a local ping of itself should always work even w/o a cable )

am assuming you didn't manually turn off ping replies on the one host

am also assuming you tried swapping the cable on *.1.1 with a acalbe
that worked when pinging that other machine

c ya
alvin

you probably have  a misconfigured number in one of the files

- and i assume you mean you can only ping any of the 253 hosts in
  10.0.1.x  ( except *.0 and *.255 and *.1(broken )