Re: trusted keys in gpg

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:07:16AM +0700, Oki DZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to send out an email using gpg (to other mine account), and in
> the receiving end I had the following:
> gpg: Signature made Wed Oct  9 10:03:59 2002 WIT using DSA key ID
> 12ACBC0B
> gpg: Good signature from "Oki DZ <okidz@pindad.com>"
> gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
> owner.
> Primary key fingerprint: 4C74 27A3 EFB0 A9D5 F961  323F 43D1 FA7E 12AC
> BC0B
>
> How do you turn a key into a trusted one? Well, what is the meaning of
> "trusted" in this context?

The answer to this is a bit too long to include on this list, I'd say,
instead I would surf to the GnuPG home page (www.gnupg.org) and pick up the
manual. It'll answer your question, annd more...

/M

--
Magnus Therning                    (OpenPGP: 0x6A83A7DF)
magnus.therning@wanadoo.nl

Use the "telephone test" for readability.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)