Re: Using Linux system as an X terminal

    "David" == David Gaudine <david@annette.concordia.ca> writes:

    David> This seems to work.  Is there anything "wrong" with doing
    David> it this way?  Is it appropriate to use run level 5?  Is
    David> there a list somewhere telling the difference between run
    David> levels 2, 3, 4, or 5?

    David> David

There is actually no difference between them by default, and you are
free to set them up as you like. You need to read the Debian Policy
Manual, specifically

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html#s-sysvinit

I believe you are on the right track. Personally I made an old machine
I had an X server by modifying gdm.conf in some way so I could log
onto other machines, or log in locally.

/Shyamal