Re: Using Linux system as an X terminal

    "David" == David Gaudine <david@annette.concordia.ca> writes:

    David> This seems to work.  Is there anything "wrong" with doing
    David> it this way?  Is it appropriate to use run level 5?  Is
    David> there a list somewhere telling the difference between run
    David> levels 2, 3, 4, or 5?

    David> David

There is actually no difference between them by default, and you are
free to set them up as you like. You need to read the Debian Policy
Manual, specifically

I believe you are on the right track. Personally I made an old machine
I had an X server by modifying gdm.conf in some way so I could log
onto other machines, or log in locally.