Re: Help need to use compiled source instead of deb package

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 03:12:02PM -0400, Dave Falloon wrote:
> 	I have compiled tcl/tk and want to use this version instead of
> the package in woody.

Put it in /usr/local and point your build scripts there only?

> It is imperitive that every one of the developers at my office is
> using the same tcl/tk (for portability issues, stupid solaris) so I
> wanted to make sure by removing the deb package from everyones
> machine.  The big problem now is you can't really remove tcl without
> removing the entire freekin distro.

That sounds unlikely. Tcl isn't all *that* core ...

You could generate a fake package using equivs, perhaps, if you're
careful to make your version roughly path-compatible with the Debian
packages.

Cheers,