Re: dial-in server - modems

hi ya nathan

yuppers...

the "good modems" i was referrng to are those that have
	- a uart chip ( 16550 or equivalent uart )
	- if you do NOT see a uart, stay away from it cause it probably
	is a "software modem" and brings lots of fun with it

for those that like to get into the gory winmodem details,
rick has some rants on winmodems and more detailed references
	http://www.linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#internalmodem

c ya
alvin
http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/PPP_Server