Re: Problems with Ati

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 09:31:33AM +0200, Aleksandar Simeonov wrote:
> Hi,
> I receantly installed Debian 3.0 and all worked OK, excep X windows. It
> wrote to me that it could not initialize display. I have Ati Radeon 7500,
> Duron 950 MHz and 128 Mb of RAM. Could sombody help me to fix this.
>
> Many thanks from Simeon (Aleksandar Simeonov)

Add this line to your sources.list and install XFRee 4.2:

#XFree 4.2
deb http://people.debian.org/~branden/ sid/$(ARCH)/

If you want to enable 3D Acceleration, you've to download the radeon dri package
from dri.sf.net. If 3D direct rendering works, "glxinfo" should put a line like:

	direct rendering: enabled

If everything with DRI works, please give me a hint. I can't install the dri
package anymore and have to use the GATOS package. I think the GATOS one, are
older than the dri one.

Thanks, Roman
--
www: http://www.romanofski.de