Re: Problem using joystick after upgrading to kernel 2.4

Hi,

Joe Nahmias wrote:
	I am running testing, and I just upgraded to kernel version
2.4.19 from 2.2.21.  I have managed to get all my devices working except
for my analog joystick (MadCatz, 2-axis, 4-button) which hooks up to the
game port on my SoundBlaster PCI 128 (es1371).  The joystick works fine
under 2.2.21, but I seem to be missing a driver or option to get it
going under 2.4.  I think that the relevant lines for the kernel config
are set properly:

CONFIG_SOUND_ES1371=y> CONFIG_INPUT_GAMEPORT=y
CONFIG_INPUT_NS558=y
CONFIG_INPUT_ANALOG=y

Yes, i've had this same problem w/ the es1371... i've tried everything i can think of w/ the 2.4 kernel w/ no success. However, the joystick works wonderfully w/ Alsa (it's kind of a pain to set up at first, because alsa disables the joystick by default, if you can't figure it out, feel free to email me).

Cam