Re: Problem with an S3 Virge Trio 64+ Video Card

Wm.G.McGrath wrote:

Hi all,

A long time linux user recently wrote a bad review of
Debian/Libranet on another list based on his experiences in trying
to install it on slow Pentiums equipped with S3 Virge Trio 64+ video
cards. Before I reply to him I thought I'd check and see if anyone
is using this card, or has tried to use it, etc. I searched the
archive without result. Has this driver been dropped? TIA

	bill

#lspci -v
00:09.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. 86c325 [ViRGE] (rev 06) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
       Memory at e4000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64M]
       Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=64K]

Works fine. I don't know if this is a Trio 64+ video card or not though. Also, Direct Rendering doesn't work.

Kent