Re: Debian 3 Woddy und Geforce 4MX

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 19:36, Michael Hilgers wrote:
> weiß vielleicht einer ob Debian 3 Woddy die Geforce 4 MX Karten erkennt oder
> ob man erst konfigurieren muss wie ein Weltmeister um das ganze zum laufen
> zu bringe. Bin nämlich noch ein blutiger Anfänger in Sachen Debian / Linux
> und will aber trotzdem erstmal ein Simples Debian mit KDE ans laufen kriegen
> um mich etwas darin einzuarbeiten.

First, please post in english, otherwise most people here won't be able
to understand you.

Second, as far as I know, Woody should have no problem running X with a
Geforce 4 MX card ... just make sure that you know all the relevant
information of your monitor, video card, keyboard and mouse before you
start to configure your X-Server.

Third, if you then encounter problems, read the man-pages first and try
to get the system running by yourself. If this fails, post the
error-messages here together with some useful information like what you
have done so far, which kernel you are running etc

Hope that helps

Matt

PS. Otherwise there is a German mailing list, debian-de .... if you want
to keep it German ;)