Re: Netscape 7.0

On Sunday 06 October 2002 10:31 pm, lameth wrote:
> Has anyone gotten netscape 7.0 to install yet? When I tried I received
> the error message;
> ./netscape-installer error while loading shared libraries:
> libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2
>
> I know I have libc6 installed and I just installed libstdc++2.2 other
> than that I do believe woody meets the requirements.

netscape, in any recent iteration, isn't free software. you might want to
investigate mozilla, or galeon, or dillo. if you can load and run the latest
mozilla, you'll have everything in place to run the latest linux-compatible
version of netscape, which will, nonetheless, be unfree software. as in,
ain't no debs for netscape.

ben

p.s. maybe "ain't no debs for...."  should be the standard for distinguishing
between free and unfree.