Re: strange apt-get upgrade issue

Hello there stranger!

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 10:48, Chris McCormick wrote:

> I've searched through the mailing list archives and found one post where
> someone had the same problem, but it "mysteriously went away".
> Sometimes If I manually unpack the archives using dpkg-deb --unpack it
> works. It's very transient - that is to say, sometimes it will just work.
> for example, i can issue the exact same command line twice in a row and the
> second or third time it will just work.

What does df show you? Is there lots of space in /var?

Make a test directory. Try dpkg -X packagename.deb /path/to/testdir
Does it work? All the time? Intermittently?

You could try comparing straces of the dpkg command when it works and
when it doesn't work

strace -fF  dpkg -X packagename.deb /path/to/testdir 2>strace.output

Then have a close look through the strace output.

Not a solution. Just an idea. Anyone have a definite solution to this
problem?

Crispin