Re: Very OT: mass installation on XBox

On  0, "Jamin W. Collins" <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Oct 2002 14:14:00 +0930 Tom Cook <tom.cook@adelaide.edu.au>
> wrote:
>
> > Instead of saying, 'You can't pass this
> > software on.  You must buy it from the source,' it says, 'You can't
> > buy this software from the source.  If you pass it on, you must make
> > sure that the next person has the same rights you do.'  The GPL is not
> > a fundamentally different type of document from other licenses.
>
> I don't recall anything in the GPL that indicates "You can't buy this
> software from the source".  Perhaps you should read up on the GPL at the
> following link:
>   http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html
>
> in particular:
>   http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#DoesTheGPLAllowMoney

I'm sorry, I don't know why I said that.  I meant that you don't
_have_ to buy it from the source.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

Why are Fire Engines Red?
  They have four wheels and eight men; four plus eight is twelve.
    Twelve inches make a ruler; a ruler is Queen Elizabeth.
  Queen Elizabeth sails the seven seas; the seven seas have fish.
    The fish have fins; the Finns hate the Russians.
  The Russians are red; fire engines are always rushin'.
    So they're red.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au