Re: Gnome session errors

Similar here, but looking for a more drastic solution: I want to re-install gnome for a specific user in a box (several users have access to same box) due to several reasons, without affecting the settings for any other user. What should I do?
Thank you.

A R wrote:

Every time I login using gnome-session or sawfish
manager, my mouse becomes some kind of X and no panels
appear. This problem has begun over the weekend. All
was working perfect before that. So I have lost my
settings to gnome.  However, KDE and othet winows
managers from Gnome continue to work fine (Icegnome,
for example). Can someone indicate what the problem
may be? I haven't made any changes that may cause
this.
Thanks to all in advance.

http://faith.yahoo.com

/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: checking /etc/login.defs for option UMASK
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: /etc/login.defs: "UMASK" is "022"
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: checking /etc/login.defs for option ULIMIT
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: checking /etc/login.defs for option MAIL_DIR
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: /etc/login.defs: "MAIL_DIR" is "/var/mail"
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: using /etc/X11/Xsession.options for options
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: checking /etc/X11/Xsession.options for option allow-user-resources
/etc/gdm/Sessions//Gnome: checking /etc/X11/Xsession.options for option allow-user-modmap

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
SESSION_MANAGER=local/debian:/tmp/.ICE-unix/580

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
xscreensaver-demo: Gdk-warning: locale not supported by C library
/dev/dsp: Permission denied

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1

GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstrfuncs.c: line 1195 (g_strcasecmp): assertion `s2 != NULL' failed.

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
DCOPServer up and running.

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
trying to create local folder: File exists

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width 65527 and height 1
trying to create local folder: File exists
trying to create local folder: File exists
WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
 Major opcode:  14

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
 Major opcode:  14
rm: cannot remove `/home/tony/.gnome//gmc-Mzrafs': No such file or directory

** WARNING **: Task not found in tasklist: 0x80915d8; not destroying

** WARNING **: Task not found in tasklist: 0x8090ea8; not destroying

** WARNING **: Task not found in tasklist: 0x80915d8; not destroying

** WARNING **: Task not found in tasklist: 0x8090ea8; not destroying

** WARNING **: Task not found in tasklist: 0x80915d8; not destroying

** WARNING **: Task not found in tasklist: 0x8090ea8; not destroying

** WARNING **: Task not found in tasklist: 0x80915d8; not destroying

** WARNING **: Task not found in tasklist: 0x8090ea8; not destroying
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
KLauncher: Exiting on signal 1
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.