Installation On XP Machine

Hi,
I just resently bought a brand new hp pavilion 552 with Windows XP as it's OS about a week ago and I want to install Debian Woody on a partition of my hard drive. I noticed that your install manual doesn't mention anything about installing Debian on an existing XP machine. I was wondering if there are any special steps that I need to take when installing Debian on my computer that wasn't in the manual (including repartitioning my hard drive).

Thank you for your time,
MICHAEL RICHARDSON