Re: Slow Win2k after Debian install

ben wrote:
On Saturday 05 October 2002 03:20 am, Peter Whysall wrote:
[snip]

Excuse me, but I think that preventing someone from inadvertently nuking
their whole Debian installation might have something to do with Debian.

do i have to wait for someone else to invoke godwin's law, or is this
enough?

Godwin's Law is misunderstood, as you quite clearly demonstrate.

Regards

Peter.

if you can the use of any combination of win tools to successfully preserve any non-win installation, i will gladly applaud you. as for any misunderstanding of godwin's law, i'm equally open to edification.

Godwin's law is not something one can "invoke". It merely states that given a thread of sufficient length, the probability that one party will compare the other to Hitler or Nazis approaches 1.

When one party deliberately mentions it, and uses the word "Nazi", then the situation is abnormal.

Perhaps there should be a corollary, vis:

As a discussion grows, the likelihood of one party muttering about Godwin's Law also approaches 1.

Refer to:

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/Godwin's-Law.html

For The Werd.

Cheers,