Re: Headers in this ML

Richard Kimber <rkimber@ntlworld.com> writes:

> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> > I would advise filtering on the X-Mailing-List: header, not To: or Cc:,
> > if the latter is what you're doing. This should be reliable.
>
> Thanks, but there wasn't such a header in the message.  No reference to
> the list at all, yet at the bottom of the message there was the usual To
> UNSUBSCRIBE etc. It's obviously a
> one-off and not a basic change.

I have noticed similar effects sometimes, it seemed to happen only
with certain posters.  Most mails would get filtered alright, but once
in a while the headers were different.

Unfortunately, I can't check anymore as I just deleted my archive,
having switched to reading the lists through a mail2news-gateway.
That way I don't have to bother about filtering at all anymore and
have a direct access to the archive.

If you could find the message-id of the mail that had different
headers, people would be able to have a closer look.

> A bit odd.

Very much so.

Ciao,
   Jens

P.S.: this is the first time I post through the gateway (which is
supposed to be bidirectional).  If you reply could you confirm that
this message is visible on the mailing list and not only in the
corresponding newsgroup?