Windows Metafiles

Hi all,

I have this nasty NT app called ActiveHDL that I use for VHDL
development.  Its block diagram editor doesn't export to any
reasonable format.  I am trying to put block diagrams from it in a
Latex document, and am having all sorts of grief.  I would prefer it
to be a vector graphics format than a bitmap (vg always looks nicer).

First I tried printing the document to a file, in the belief that this
would give me postscript, but gs, gv and ps2pdf all barf on it with
the message:

Error: /syntaxerror in -file-
Operand stack:

Execution stack:
   %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
--nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--
--nostringval--   --nostringval--   false   1   %stopped_push   1   3
 %oparray_pop   1   3   %oparray_pop   1   3   %oparray_pop
.runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   2
%stopped_push   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
   --dict:1037/1476(ro)(G)--   --dict:0/20(G)--   --dict:67/200(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
Current file position is 425
GNU Ghostscript 6.53: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

If anyone cal tell me what that means I would appreciate it.  So next
I tried copying it to the clipboard.  It seems that it keeps the image
there as a Windows Metafile (WMF).  But I can't find anything to paste
it into that will save it as a useful format.  I can paste it into
Word, but that won't export it further.  Also if I try printing it to
file from word I get the same issue as above.  Windows clipboard
viewer can save it, but that is as some .clp file.

I am greatly frustrated by this.  Google doesn't seem to have any
answers.  Is there a way of opening the windows clipboard files
(*.clp) in linux?  Or does anyone know of a free 'doze app that can
grab the contents of the clipboard and save it as some useful vector
format (EPS would be nice...)

TIA,
Tom
--
Tom Cook

Classifications of inanimate objects:  Those that don't work, those that break down, and those that get lost.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au