Re: mass installation on XBox

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:20:37 -0700
"deFreese, Barry" <Barry.deFreese@nike.com> wrote:

> Total curiosity here but why on Earth would you purchase 100 Xboxes to
> run Linux?  Weren't you complaining in the "Problem with Debian"
> thread about giving money to Microsoft?
>
> Just curious.

Since Microsoft loses money on each Xbox purchase (the idea being
they'll start making a profit when the user purchases something like 3
games), in a way, this is taking money from Microsoft.

I believe they're releasing new XBoxes to try and prevent people from
using them for purposes other than MS intended.