Re: sound but no sound

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 09:46:47AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 October 2002 09:38, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> > Sound is working in that I get gnome desktop sound events but other
> > programs like xmms or mp3blaster or freeamp just hang.
> >
> > I'm current on testing (sid). Sound used to work properly so some
> > upgrade changed something but I have no clue what.
> >
> > What do I have set wrong? Where do I check?
>
> GNOME uses esound to allow multiple programs to send audio data.  You
> need to enable esd support in these other programs.

How do I do that? Is that a gnome setting or does each individual
program need to be told? I didn't spot 'esd' anywhere in the xmms
preferences nor do I see anything in the gnome sound control panel.

--
"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember that nothing
that is worth knowing can be taught."