Re: Problems with simplest network !!!

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 05:08:05PM -0500, Sergio Mendoza wrote:
>   Computer A is connected to computer B and ...  nothing!  I can't get the
> connection! Basically, the internal network is not working!  What's going
on?

If you have link, I'd try running tcpdump. I have seen that certain PCMCIA
drivers seem to be 'busted' and running tcpdump 'fixes' it by allowing the
card to see all traffic. (I think the drivers don't see the ARP traffic)
This has happened to me several times with 2.2.19 kernel. When I upgraded to
2.2.20 the drivers work perfectly without using tcpdump.

Tony Wasson