Re: KDE2 helloworld.cpp

On  0, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shalehperry@attbi.com> wrote:
> On Monday 30 September 2002 16:55, John Batistic wrote:
> > I am unable to compile the KDE2 helloworld.cpp example
> >
> > error message from make:
> >
> > g++    -c -o helloworld.o helloworld.cpp
> > helloworld.cpp:2: qapplication.h: No such file or directory
> > helloworld.cpp:3: qlabel.h: No such file or directory
> > helloworld.cpp:4: qstring.h: No such file or directory
> > make: *** [helloworld.o] Error 1
> >
> > There appear to be two problems.
> >
> > 1. $HOME/.profile is not being processed. PATH is not modified to the
> > new settings as per the 'installing Qt/X11' reference documentation.
> >
> > 2. If I force .profile with '. .profile' PATH etc are modified - but
> > ignored.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > John Batistic
>
> You do not state so let's start at the beginning.
>
> Do you have the -dev version of the kdelibs as well as qt installed?  Rather
> than depend on environment variables I usually define the path to my include
> files in a makefile.  Also Debian is a little different because we actually
> install qt so that /usr/include/qt exists so you should not really need any
> special variables set.

Also, of course, $PATH is not searched for #include files.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

When you go to the sysadmin's office in the afternoon, and all is deathly quiet, there are three possibilities:
1) Something has gone wrong, and they are all trying to fix it.
2) Something has gone badly wrong, and they have all left the country.
3) Something has gone very badly wrong, and you're missing happy hour.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au