Re: KDE@ helloworld.cpp

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 12:05, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On Monday 30 September 2002 16:55, John Batistic wrote:
> > I am unable to compile the KDE2 helloworld.cpp example
> >
> > error message from make:
> >
> > g++    -c -o helloworld.o helloworld.cpp
> > helloworld.cpp:2: qapplication.h: No such file or directory
> > helloworld.cpp:3: qlabel.h: No such file or directory
> > helloworld.cpp:4: qstring.h: No such file or directory
> > make: *** [helloworld.o] Error 1
> >
> > There appear to be two problems.
> >
> > 1. $HOME/.profile is not being processed. PATH is not modified to
the
> > new settings as per the 'installing Qt/X11' reference documentation.
> >
> > 2. If I force .profile with '. .profile' PATH etc are modified - but
> > ignored.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > John Batistic
>
> You do not state so let's start at the beginning.
>
> Do you have the -dev version of the kdelibs as well as qt installed?
Rather
> than depend on environment variables I usually define the path to my
include
> files in a makefile.  Also Debian is a little different because we
actually
> install qt so that /usr/include/qt exists so you should not really
need any
> special variables set.

Yes, I do have kdelibs-dev.

If I fully define the header file path in helloworld.cpp the make fails
when it reaches other .h calls.

Can you give me an example of how you define the environment variables
in your makefile to suit the Debian locations?

Is .profile normally ignored?

--
--- from NEW ZEALAND - a natural habitat for the PENGUIN ---
--- registered Linux user # 205322 - XFS + 2.4.19 + Debian ---