Re: Any FAI success stories?

On Tuesday 01 October 2002 00:12, Michael Jinks wrote:

> I can probably work something out, like writing in an extra clause in
> FAI's scripts so that /var/run is a tmpfs filesystem or something, but
> after many similar hacks I'm starting to wonder, does anybody actually
> use FAI successfully?  And if not, is there a better option out there
> that I haven't been able to google?

 Hi Michael,

  Don't give up yet. I have FAI working just fine, installing two beowulf
clusters at the lab where I work (one 10 machines and the other 16). I took
some time to get used to it, reading the manual, but then I finally got it
and put it to work the way I wanted in a few tries.
  I don't have the time right now to explain the details but if you or anybody
else wants it I can send some example configuration directories and some
notes as soon as I get some spare time, ok?
 So just send me an e-mail if you're interested...

regards

Claudio