Problems with mkinitrd-cd / mkbootimg

Hello,

I am trying to create a bootable CD with mkinitrd-cd 0.22, but this
far, I've had no luck. The procedure looks like this:

mkinitrd-cd /lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/ initrd.img full
mkbootimg 2880 /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-bf2.4 initrd.img boot.img
mkisofs -b boot.img -c boot.cat -o ../test.iso .

When I burn the resulting iso file, the syslinux screen comes up and
it even loads the kernel and the initrd image. After that, though, it
prints:

---
Gibraltar 0.99.5 loading, searching for CD ....
trying to locate cdrom:
---

and then sits there like a dead fish. The kernel that I used here is
the one that's installed during the installation of the official
Woody. I also tried a handmade kernel, making sure that all
requirements mentioned in /usr/share/doc/mkinitrd-cd/README.gz are
met.

Does anyone have experience with mkinitrd-cd that they would be
willing to share?

Thanks in advance
--j