Re: apache-perl vs HTML::Mason

Bob Proulx wrote:
will trillich <will@serensoft.com> [2002-09-29 23:30:31 -0500]:

okay, apt-get is wonderful and all that -- but when sticking
with a tried-and-true potato setup, it's hard to get feature
updates without some extra-apt activity...

Wait, wait, wait.  Did you say "sticking with a tried-and-true potato"
and "features updates" in the same sentence?  Uh, excuse me?  Shock,
horror, amazement!  Stunned silence.

Living on CPAN is almost equivalent to living on unstable.  If you
feel CPAN unstable is good, why not Debian unstable?  To my way of
thinking that is an inconsistent viewpoint.

For that matter, egads, man, woody is *stable*.

Potato is just plain obsolete.

Sheesh, I though I was conservative.

Seriously, try to upgrade to woody, even if it is a production server.