Re: lv vs. more as PAGER

on Sat, Sep 28, 2002, James D Strandboge (jstrand1@rochester.rr.com) wrote:
> I like when using 'more' as the pager, manpages aren't cleared from the
> screen after quitting man.  Can lv do this as well?  Haven't been able
> to find anything.

Note:  lv is a pager capable of displaying multilingual streams.  Some
people may not be familiar with it.

The screen-clearing behavior of man is configurable when using less as a
pager.  I'd suspect it's also tunable using less (see the '-X' option).
I'd look at the lv manpage for a similar option.

Peace.

   Use a personal CSS stylesheet to enhance Web usability:
     http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Download/userContent.css
       http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Download/test-css.html