Re: How "stable" is "testing"?

On 28 Sep 2002 18:40:15 -0400
Neal Lippman <nl@lippman.org> wrote:

> I am wondering how stable people are finding testing for use on their
> workstations. I am running woody, and very happy with it. However, I
> would like to be a bit more up to date with some of my software - for
> instance, I'd like to be using KDE 3 instead of 2.2, and the newest
> evolution, so I was thinking about doing a dist-upgrade to sarge. I
> don't, however, look forward to severe breakage now that I finally have
> my system configured and working.

I'm an inexpert user, but I find testing to be fine.  I've had no problems
that can't be attributed to my inexperience with Debian.  I've been
running
it since woody was released - i.e. I installed woody and then immediately
started to track testing.  I can't vouch for what happens when you do an
upgrade when the two versions are very different, but it should work OK.

- Richard.