From: bob parker [mailto:bob_parker@dodo.com.au]
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2002 8:33 AM
To: Michael Olds
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Can not acces ide cdrom

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 00:59, you wrote:
> Hey Bob, a Re: Bob?
>
> I just went through this recently, so I hope I remember this correctly:
the
> device you want to operate as a CDROM needs to point to the SCSI device.
>
> In /dev/
> make /dev/CDROM a symlink to scd0

It already is indirectly, ie /dev/cdrom symlinks to /dev/cdrom0 which
symlinks to /dev/scd0. Reading from the scsi device is ok. It is the
ide device that got lost.
What I'm not clear on is whether I need to have the /dev/cdrom1
linked to /dev/sc1 as it now is or /dev/hdb as it is ide.
Cheers
bob