Re: pppoe & server-startup

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 04:09:25PM +0200, daniel meier wrote:
> hi there i'm having troubles with my system on startup.
> i use pppoe as the ppp-connection is not ready on boot i have to
> restart the following services before everything works fine:
>
> ipmasq
> bind
>

> is there a solution that ipmasq, bind waits with starting until pppoe is
> up?

What provider are you using PPPoE on?  I'm using it on BellSouth Fast
Access DSL, and connecting never takes more than 10 seconds, which is
plenty fast enough to be completely up before ipmasq.  It could just be
that you have a misconfigured option.

Happy to help,

Edward Guldemond

Key fingerprint:  29FF 2969 A04E F934 3F03
                  4329 BC56 3AA7 2F57 6735