Re: OT: M$ Proxy Server

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 11:11:17PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:

| Now Micro$oft apparently found out that my brother has installed
| Linux and that many of his friends are getting interested, so they
| ordered the system administrators to install Proxy Server 2.0, a
| discontinued product!

How nice!  =p

| My question for you: is there a client for M$ Proxy Server for *NIX,
| and is it true that *NIX will be usable behing an ISA Server,
| provided that Samba actually attaches to the domain?

How tight is the firewalling/routing setup at this school?  If it
isn't too closed, couldn't you (martin) run squid on one of your
publicly accessible machines and have your brother and friends just
use that instead?

-D

--
Pleasant words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/