Icecast setup

Hi,
I'm having some trouble with the basic icecast setup.  I edited and
copied the files in /etc/icecast/ to /etc like described in the files.
I tried modifying hosts.allow to let me connect to the web interface but
I always get a 403 permission denied error.  icecast says something about
no mountfile found.   When I try to connect to it using winamp from
another computer it says bad password.  In /etc/icecast.conf it says the
admin password is hackme but I have to encrypt it with makepasswd.  So I
just have to run makepasswd on some password and copy the output into
there?
There is no simple getting started guide anywhere.. :(

Thanks,
Leo