Re: Using LILO to boot Linux/Win98

Heinrich Rebehn was roused into action on 09/26/02 09:46 and wrote:
Anand Parikh wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to set up LILO to boot Win98. I have the following setup:
I have installed Linux on one HD (two partitions with Linux on 2nd part.),
Win98 on a second HD (one partition). I can boot up on both OS with one of the
HD connected as active.
Next I set up the Linux HD as A (active) and Win98 HD as B (standby).

My /etc/lilo.conf file looks like this:
boot=/dev/hda
delay=10

#Linux stanza
image=/vmlinuz
root=/dev/hda2
label=Linux

#Win98 stanza
other=/dev/hdb1
tabel=/dev/hdb

   ^^^^^	It should read "table". Did you get an error message when executing lilo?

Doesn't one have to map hdb to hda and vice versa to convince that other fickle OS to boot? That's what I had to do using grub, anyway.

Stolen from a RedHat  support page:
http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/faqs/rhl_general_faq/s1-bootloader.html

other=/dev/hdb1
        label=dos
        table=/dev/hdb
        map-drive = 0x80
        to = 0x81
        map-drive = 0x81
        to = 0x80

Modifiy to suit, but you get the idea...
--
David P. James
4th Year Economics Student

The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek IV