Re: Odd Path issue

Kent West said:
> I'm using bash. "echo $PATH" reports:

> This is the first odd behaviour.

test is also a shell command, which returns an exit value
depending on what your testing for(see manpage on test). if
your wanting to run it from your home I suggest ./test instead
of just test that will tell the shell to execute the command
test within your CWD(current working directory)

> KentTest", it reports the expected "/usr/local/bin/KentTest". However,
> if I run "KentTest", I get "bash: /home/westk/bin/KentTest: No such file
> or directory". If I log out and then log back in, I can run "KentTest"
> and it prints the message as expected.

thats normal, something to do with caching enviornment variables,
I see it a lot when doing what your doing. I don't know why it is,
but its expected behavior to me

nate